One feature of WordPress that I appreciate is the statistics. I now know that I have had one visitor from South Korea, although I have no idea what they were actually looking for. Until recently, I hadn’t tried the ‘most popular’ statistics options. So these are the top ten posts I have made over the past seven or eight months….
- Off my trolley – streetcars and trolley layouts: 170
- Layout design – different voices – micro-layouts: 104
- Off my trolley – interurban branchlines – 1: 65
- Somerset levels, February 2014: 39
- simple layout, complex operation: 30
- PECO lash up: 17
- Quote of the week: 16
- About the ESNG blog: 13
- Stuttgart 2013 – the photos: 13
- Off my trolley – interurban branchlines 3 – the Sacramento Northern: 12
What is interesting here is that the two most popular posts, by far, are about trolley layouts and micro-layouts. And most of my other trolley and interurban posts have been well read. I can understand micro-layouts – these have justifiably become very popular. But ‘N’ gauge trolley layouts? Surely a totally specialised and minority interest. Perhaps there are more ‘closet’ traction modellers out there than one thinks!
Going forward, I will try and reflect these statistics. The ESNG will always be an important feature, as that is the real excuse for this blog. But please humour me if I write a few more traction posts. Perhaps designs for traction micro-layouts? But no doubt next time no-one will read them…..